Following up from the recent WVSC Respect Round, did you know we have Codes of Conduct for Spectators and Parents, Players and Coaches
Parents and supporters
• Encourage children to participate, but don’t force them.
• Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
• Applaud good play by both teams.
Respect referees’ decisions and teach children to do so, too.
• Let the coach coach. If you have suggestions, make them privately and respectfully.
• Play by the rules.
• Never argue with an official.
• Verbal abuse, bullying or taking unfair advantage of officials, other players and spectators IS NOT acceptable.
• Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your team or the opposition.
• Play for the fun of it, and not just to please your parents and coaches.
• Remember that children play for fun.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing.
• Be reasonable in your demands on young players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
• Teach your players to follow the rules.
• Every player needs and deserve equal time.
• Player safety is paramount. Ensure equipment and facilities are safe. Ask the referee to stop the game if a player seems to be hurt.
• Develop team respect for their teammates, opponents, match officials and spectators.